Did you know that you have a free Zoom account through CUNY? Visit Online Resources for Zoom instructions.
Online Resource Check List: In order to help our students locate the best online resources, we've tailored this group of the most useful links that offer exactly what you need for achieving success at CSI.
Requesting a Loaner Device
A limited number of Chromebook devices are available for loan to students who need them to participate in distance learning. In order to be considered, students must be enrolled in an online or hybrid course offered by the College of Staten Island. If you need technology, other than a Chromebook (e.g. hotspot, earbuds, etc. ) please contact the Helpdesk and your request will be considered, based on approval from your instructor. If you are enrolled in an online or hybrid course, you will receive an email requesting information for a loaner device.
Returning a Loaned Device
We hope the device we loaned to you was helpful in completing your classes. Returning your device now will allow us to provide other students who need a device to continue their studies at CSI.
If you are not returning to CSI, or transferring to another CUNY college, or returning to CSI but no longer need the device, please return your device to the College.
You do not have to pay to return the device that was loaned to you. The College will provide a prepaid UPS shipping label. To request a shipping label, click here.
The UPS Shipping Label, once prepared, will be sent to the email provided in the request. Print the shipping label. If you have the original shipping packaging and it is useable, carefully package the device and seal the box using packaging tape. Attach the shipping label to the package. Bring the package to a UPS store or an authorized UPS return service location.
If you are returning an iPad, you must turn off and disable the passcode. To do this, open the settings app on the iPad. Go to “touch ID & passcode.” Authenticate by entering the passcode for the iPad. Choose “turn passcode off.” Confirm that you want to turn off and disable the passcode.
- Update CUNYfirst contact information. During telecommuting its very important that we have your must current contact information. (For an accessible copy of this document, please contact the Registrar's office at email@example.com)
- Due to the COVID state-wide pause we are temporarily unable to provide services in-person. For now, we are happy to address all your needs and welcome you to our CSI community using a growing number of remote services and tools. Need Email Help?
Center for Academic Advisement and Success
- In most cases, your academic advisor is listed in the student summary page on CUNYfirst, along with a link to their direct email address.
- You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Staff are available M-F, 9-5 to assist.
Financial Aid Office
- To reach your financial aid counselor, simply email email@example.com.
- Staff are available M-F, 9-5 to assist.