CUNY Start/Math Start Staff Salute Our Spring 2020 Students
Due to the COVID-19 crisis that we are facing, all Math Start Spring 2021 courses will be taught 100% online.
Math Start at CSI
Math Start is CUNY Start’s intervention that prepares students for success in college by fostering their full math potential. Even virtually, we offer a social and collaborative learning environment, where students can access the support they need to increase their understanding of math so that they can meet CUNY’s proficiency standards and thrive as CUNY college students. Program highlights include:
- Provides dedicated teachers and expert advisors to support your long-term college success
- Highly trained former Math Start students are available to offer tutoring help
- Saves tuition and financial aid dollars for credit courses that count toward your degree
- Provides a next-step pathway to CUNY’s ASAP, a program that provides academic, financial and social supports once you begin taking credit courses, and keeps on track to graduate on time.
Math Start at CSI Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Highly motivated
- Must have applied to a CUNY College
- Must have received a 49 or below on your Math Proficiency Index
- Must attend a registration session and complete the Math Start application
How to register
To find out if you are eligible and to register call the Math Start office at 929-314-2691.
- Meet the Staff
Math Start Course Description
Math Start is based on CUNY Start’s curriculum and instructional approach. Building on students’ existing math knowledge, this course emphasizes conceptual understanding through in-depth study of core pre-algebra and algebra topics. The program also offers college success advisement where students explore and grow their academic identity and learn strategies to connect with campus resources and programs.