Do you consider yourself an influencer? An innovator? A digital artist? Or an activist? Are you interested in learning how to use technology to improve and celebrate your communities and to affect social change? Are you looking for an exciting career in tech?
Established in 2019, by funding through New America - a national think and action tank, CSI St. George is pioneering the nascent field of Public Interest Technology (PIT),and generating a tech talent pipeline for students with a passion for technology and social justice within a supportive, small-scale learning community.
- Incoming First Year Students admitted to the College of Staten Island/CUNY;
- Matriculated in a major in the Humanities and Social Sciences in either the Associate's (AA degree) or Bachelor's (BA, and select BS degrees) division;
- No prior experience or interest in computer science necessary;
- Classes will be held in person for Fall 2023 at CSI St. George (120 Stuyvesant Pl.);
- As part of the 30,000 Degrees initiative, priority admission is given to students from historically underrepresented groups, and to students who have graduated from Curtis, McKee, New Dorp or Port Richmond High Schools; although ALL CSI STUDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
- For Fall 2023, admission into this program will be on a rolling basis until all 24 seats are claimed, however, priority will be given to those applying by July 15, 2023