CSI UNDERGRADUATE CONFERENCE
Research, Scholarship, and the Arts
Thursday, May 2nd 2024
1P – Center for the Arts
Important Dates to Remember
March 18, 2024
April 19, 2024
Application Submission Deadline
Final Poster Submission Deadline
Workshops and Assistance:
April 9, 2024
April 11 & 16, 2024
Abstract Prep and Review: Drop-In Assistance
Creating an Effective Poster: Workshop
Poster Prep: Drop-In Assistance
The annual conference on research, scholarship, and the arts is one of the hallmarks of the spring semester at CSI. The 2024 Undergraduate Conference marks our twenty-third year! This event highlights scholarly and creative projects by students majoring in all disciplines, showcasing academic excellence through student-faculty collaboration, offering a rewarding and educational experience for all.
The conference is open to the entire campus community and friends of the College - students are especially encouraged to attend. This is a great opportunity to discover, cultivate, and inspire new ideas and interests.
The major goals of the conference are:
- Recognition of undergraduate research and creative work as highly valued teaching and learning experiences at the College
- Celebration of academic excellence
- Promotion of student-faculty collaboration and interaction in all aspects of teaching/learning
Student Registration – Event Day Agenda
What to Expect the Day of the Conference – Thursday, May 2nd 2024
- Registration begins at 9:00am May 2, 2024 in the Center for the Arts – 1P. There will be registration tables set up on the left side (west/front entrance).
- Presenters must bring their posters with them to the conference.* Students will be escorted to their assigned location and assisted with poster set up at the time of registration.
- Lunch will be provided to all participants and faculty mentors from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. Students will receive a lunch voucher upon registering.
- The Conference Plenary will be held at 1:00pm in the Williamson Theater – all student participants are expected to attend.
- Presenters must stand next to their posters from 2:00 - 4:00pm (following lunch and the plenary session) to explain their research accomplishments to fellow students, faculty, and attendees of the conference.
*We will arrange poster printing for you. Any posters that have not been claimed before May 2, 2024 (in 1A-211) will be available at the registration table – be sure to notify us.
Programs and Abstracts: Please send an email to UGConference@csi.cuny.edu to request alternative access to these documents.
- 2023 Undergraduate Conference Program and Abstracts
- 2022 Virtual Research Conference – Conference Program, Abstracts and Poster Presentations
- 2021 Virtual Undergraduate Conference – Conference Program, Abstracts and Poster Presentations
- 2020 Virtual Undergraduate Conference - Conference Program, Abstracts and Poster Presentations
- 2019 Undergraduate Conference Program and Abstracts
- 2018 Undergraduate Conference Program and Abstracts
- 2017 Undergraduate Conference Program and Abstracts
- 2016 Undergraduate Conference Program and Abstracts
Sponsored by the Division of Academic Affairs with special thanks to all of our community and campus partners who support this conference.
This is a CC Clue event.
Disclaimer and Affirmation for Participants and Attendees
I understand that this event will be recorded. I hereby grant the College of Staten Island and The City University of New York (CUNY) permission to use my name, the name of the educational program in which I am enrolled, and my photograph, video or any recording of me taken for any purpose that CUNY may deem appropriate, including without limitation educational uses, promotion and publicity of CUNY and its programs and activities, in perpetuity in in-house publications as well as in all other media, whether now known or later developed. I waive any right to inspect and approve such use. I agree to hold harmless CUNY from any liability that may arise from such use of my name, educational program and/or likeness.