Abstract Prep and Review – Drop-In Assistance:
Thursday, March 11, 2021
2:30 - 4:30pm
PhD students from the CUNY Graduate Center will be available to help you prepare and edit your abstract. Please join via Zoom link any time between 2:30pm and 4:30pm for individual consultation with an expert in abstract design.
Creating an Effective Poster Workshop:
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
2:30 - 3:30pm
Poster Prep – Drop-In Lab Assistance:
Monday, April 12, 2021
2:00 - 3:00pm
Thursday, April 15, 2021
2:30 - 3:30pm
Are you presenting at the Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship and Performance? Do you need to make a poster and don’t know where to begin? Gone are the days of oak tag and glitter glue! We’re going to ramp up your presentation skills!
Join Cheryl Craddock, Associate Director of the Verrazano Honors Program and Fausto Canela, Academic Technology Specialist with the Faculty Center for Professional Development, to learn about the following:
- What’s the point of a poster?
- How is a poster different from a presentation or a paper?
- What to include on your poster
- How to use PowerPoint to create your poster.
- Tips and tricks for organizing information, images, and data
- Choosing fonts and font size
- What to expect on the day of the conference (how to talk to strangers!)
We will be working with students in ALL majors.
If you have completed any written work for your research thus far, please stop by the Lab Assistance Session so we can help you get started drafting your poster.