Abstract Prep and Review – Drop-In Assistance:
Thursday, March 9, 2023
In-person : Faculty Center for Professional Development (1L-208)
Creating a Poster for the Undergraduate Research Conference
Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Meeting ID: 894 4850 8393
Poster Prep – Drop-In Lab Assistance: (two sessions available)
Undergraduate Research Conference Poster Drop In Session I
Thursday, April 6, 2023
Meeting ID: 897 5369 9018
Undergraduate Research Conference Poster Drop In Session II
Thursday, April 13, 2023
Meeting ID: 892 5993 7401
Are you presenting at the Undergraduate Conference on Research, Scholarship and the Arts? Do you need to make a poster and don’t know where to begin? Gone are the days of oak tag and glitter glue! We’re going to ramp up your presentation skills!
Join Cheryl Craddock, Associate Director of the Verrazano Honors Program and Fausto Canela, Academic Technology Specialist with the Faculty Center for Professional Development, to learn about the following:
- What’s the point of a poster?
- How is a poster different from a presentation or a paper?
- What to include on your poster
- How to use PowerPoint to create your poster.
- Tips and tricks for organizing information, images, and data
- Choosing fonts and font size
- What to expect on the day of the conference (how to talk to strangers!)
We will be working with students in ALL majors.
If you have completed any written work for your research thus far, please stop by the Lab Assistance Session so we can help you get started drafting your poster.