3/23/2020:Until further notice, only approved essential personnel will be allowed on campus.
CSI has transitioned to distance learning and remote work. Until further notice, only approved essential personnel will be allowed on campus. See President's message on 3/23/2020.
- Students with grade point averages of 2.9 and higher can receive a paid internship or summer research opportunity in the various fields of Science, Technology or Education.
- Students with grade point averages of 2.9 are eligible for a scholar's position working on campus or in middle or high school setting; students will receive a stipend for a total of 144 hours of service for the academic year.
- Students will be given the opportunity to participate in educational workshops throughout the academic year and serve as an Ambassador at the Statewide CSTEP Science Research Competition in Lake George, New York.
- Students with grade point averages of 3.0 are given the opportunity to apply for (LSAMP), the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Program, in which scholarships up to 5,000.00 for undergraduate studies are awarded.
- Students having trouble in their subject areas can receive tutoring from the CSTEP peer-tutoring group.
- Students will graduate with in depth – views on science, technology, education and an enhanced understanding for their desired field of study.
NYSED CSTEP Fact Sheet
- Over 70% of CSTEP graduates pursue professional degree programs of study in STEM and CSTEP targeted fields.
- CSTEP graduated 15,533 students from independent, CUNY, SUNY and two-year Community Colleges from 1986 to 2010.
- CSTEP programs have served 95,985 students since its creation by the Legislature in 1986.
- There are currently forty-four (44) programs throughout New York State.
- There are approximately 5,700 students currently enrolled in CSTEP programs.