PLEASE NOTE: CSI recently received limited funding to support the STEM Waiver program for the First Summer Session of Summer 2020. Due to the late notice, we have forgone the application process and, working with various College offices, identified eligible students and distributed the waiver accordingly. If you believe you might be eligible and were not identified, review the information below and contact us.
CUNY/CSI STEM TUITION WAIVER PROGAM, Summer 2020
- Awards are subject to meeting eligibility requirements and the availability of funding;
- STEM waivers cover the costs of tuition only. Student are responsible for all related Student Fees;
- The First Day of Summer Session classes is Monday, June 1st, 2020;
- Please review all Eligibility Requirements & FAQS;
- Tuition Waivers are currently only available in the First Summer Session for First Four-Week and First Eight-Week courses. Tuition Waivers are not currently available for any Second Four-Week session courses.
CUNY/City STEM Initiative: For qualifying students in associate degree programs, enroll in and complete any designated STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) course/s and receive a tuition waiver for that/those course/s. To promote credit accumulation in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses and help STEM students complete a sufficient number of credits each year without jeopardizing their future Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) eligibility, the City of New York and CUNY have provided funding to offer tuition waivers for identified STEM courses during the Summer and/or Winter intersessions for current CSI students that are matriculated in an associate degree program and are New York City residents.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A STEM TUITION WAIVER:
- Only current CSI students matriculated in Associate Degree Progams (AA, AS, and AAS) are eligible for the Tuition Waiver.
- Students must have an established minimum College of Staten Island GPA of 2.0.
- Students that do not have an established CSI GPA, including new students and those awaiting completion of their first term, will not be eligible to apply for a STEM Tuition Waiver;
- Students must complete their course/s with one of the following letter grades to retain a waiver: A, B, C, D, F, W, incl. +/- grades.
- Any student that earns a WU, WN, or WD grade will have the Tuition Waiver rescinded and will then be responsible for any and all tuition and fees for their course/s
The funding for this initiative expires on June 30, 2020. Therefore, STEM waivers will only be available for the First Summer Session 2020, including the First Four-Week and First Eight-Week terms.
IF You believe you might be eligible and have not received a STEM waiver, please review the STEM Initiative FAQs to confirm eligibility and then contact us at the email below. Lastly, please note that students are still responsible for any fees related to their bill.
If you have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.