Class of 2021
The College of Staten Island's Commencement will launch on Thursday, May 27, 2021, at 9:30 a.m. and will be available on the College website for replay.
Countdown to Virtual Commencement!
It is time to "Create Your Graduation Slide Check your CIX email account. An email was sent on April 23, 2021, with that as the subject. This contains a personal link to login into Marching Orders. The deadline to record your name for the phonetic submission is May 4, 2021. The deadline to upload your photo and a message is Wednesday, May 11, 2021.
We are working with Marching Order to host a virtual program. The program will include a message from the President of the College of Staten Island, greetings from special guests, several speakers, including your valedictorian and salutatorian, and conclude with the candidates' presentation. Candidates for graduation will be able to upload a photo of themselves along with a quote or note of thanks to family and friends (your message cannot exceed 150 characters.) Photos/quotes must be appropriate for the significance of this important occasion. In addition, you will be able to phonetically spell your name or record it so that the name reader appropriately pronounces it when your slide is shown.
Caps and Gowns
- Caps and gowns may be purchased here. Note: Students graduating with an associate degree will order the bachelor's degree package as it is the same cap and gown.
- As your official senior photographer, PICTURE THIS*, appreciates the opportunity to capture the success of your graduation. The senior portrait is particularly important this year as it may be used for your personalized slide for the virtual commencement ceremony.
- Due to COVID-19, PICTURE THIS* will be taking senior portraits in their studio only. For your safety, the studio is following all COVID-19 precautions and protocols.
- You must make an appointment by calling their office at 718-447-4607, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- There will be a $10 sitting fee. Cash, money orders or checks payable to CSIA will be accepted.
- SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT NOW TO GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY. SITTINGS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Your session includes poses in your cap and gown, as well as other attire of your choosing, such as for a professional headshot.
- Limited graduation regalia will be available and sanitized after every use, but we encourage you to bring your own cap and gown for optimal safety. Caps and gowns are available for purchase from the CSI Bookstore.
*PICTURE THIS is located at:
218 St. Pauls Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10304
Degrees and Diplomas
- Degrees will be awarded in CUNYfirst within one month of the end of the semester, at which point graduates will be sent a congratulatory email to let them know their degree has been awarded, and any transcripts they request going forward will verify their degree information.
- All emails will be sent to your preferred email address listed in CUNYFirst. To update your contact information in CUNYFirst, follow these directions. While doing so, please check the spelling of your name as it appears in CUNYfirst. If you have difficulty with this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- 7-10 weeks after degrees are awarded, graduates will receive an email notification with instructions for electronically claiming their diploma through the Parchment website. Please be advised that any holds that would prevent a transcripts' issuance will also prevent the diploma from being sent out (Bursar, Collections, Financial Aid Exit Interview, etc.). Please email email@example.com once the hold is lifted, and the team will be able to send the diploma to you via Parchment within 1-2 business days.
To claim your Parchment account, please follow these 3 simple steps:
- Check your email for the award notification from Parchment.
- Follow the link to set up your Parchment digital credentials account.
- Share your digital diploma on Facebook and LinkedIn or download a secure .pdf version.
Benefits of a Digital Diploma
- Your digital diploma will always be accessible through your Parchment account. You can login and download or share it again and again -- at no cost to you. Once you claim your account and log in, you can share your achievements!
- Easily share your digital diploma with employers with a secure and verified link.
- Share with family and friends on social media like Facebook and LinkedIn.
- View your digital diploma online at any time with permanent access through Parchment.com.
- Download your digital diploma and save it as a PDF. Digital Diplomas can serve as an Alternative to the Apostille.
- Many countries recognize digital diplomas. Parchment Award diplomas are supporting the needs of international credentials.
- Once you can access and view your digital diploma on the Parchment website, your paper diploma will not be far behind. Diplomas will be shipped via the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to the mailing address we have on file for you, and you can check the status of your order through the Parchment website.
- Once you log in to your Parchment Account, click on Orders at the top of the page.
- On the next page, you will see the status of any diplomas you have requested and their status. Digital diplomas will show Delivery Type: Electronic, while paper diplomas will show the Delivery Type: Mail.
If you have difficulty accessing your Parchment account or issues with your login, you can contact Parchment directly for assistance on their website.
Note: If you ever need an additional copy of your paper diploma, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Additionally, if you graduated in January of 2020 or earlier and need assistance with a diploma, please contact email@example.com
Tributes to the Class of 2020