Campus Assessment Referral and Evaluation System (CARES Team)
The purpose of the College of Staten Island’s Campus Assessment Referral and Evaluation System (CARES) team is to provide a healthy and safe on-campus environment for all students, faculty, staff and college visitors by providing a systematic response to students whose behavior is disruptive to themselves or the environment. Any member of the college community can reach out to the CARES Team to report a concern about a student by completing an On-line Reporting Form
The mission of CARES is to preserve the rights of students, faculty, staff and college visitors to utilize the campus resources in ways for which they were intended.
To do so, CARES has created the following goals:
- To balance the individual needs of students and those of the campus community.
- To provide a positive, structured method for addressing student behaviors that impact the college community and may involve health and or safety issues.
- To provide individual case management and timely interventions.
- To provide coordination of communication, management of cases and interventions.
- To be a resource for students, faculty, and staff by providing guidance, advice, and education in response to problem behaviors on the campus.
The CARES Team Members represent a cross section of dedicated professional staff who has received training in behavioral intervention strategies locally, regionally and nationally.
- Danielle Dimtirov, Esq.
Executive Director of Student Services
- McKala Neese
General Manager, Dolphin Cove Student Housing
South Residence Hall, Housing Office
- Dr. Ann Booth
Director, Counseling Center
South Administration Building, 1A 109
- Linda Conte
Director, Health and Wellness Services
Campus Center, 1C 112
- Stefan Charles-Pierre
Director, Center for Student Accessibility
Center for the Arts, 1P 101
- Ashley Ware
Student Conduct and Services Specialist
South Administration Building, 1A 301
- Michael Lederhandler
Director, Public Safety
North Administration Building, 2A 108
- Dr. Frances A. Melendez
Director of the Masters of Arts in the Mental Health Counseling Program
Building 4S 106A
- Alexander Scott
AVP of Enrollment Management/Dean of Admissions
North Administration Building, 2A 401A