Can I be denied a decal because of unpaid tickets?
Yes. All tickets must be satisfied before a decal will be issued.

I will be using more than one vehicle. Must I purchase a separate decal for each one?
No. You need only purchase one decal. The vehicle you expect to use most often is the one you register and affix the decal to. When you bring any other vehicle on campus, simply stop at the entrance gate and request a yellow “Alternate Vehicle Parking Permit.” Fill in all required information and display on the dashboard. Failure to do so may result in the issuance of a summons. Only active decal holders using an alternate vehicle may use this permit. Remember that all registered students must purchase their own decal. Please note that households with multiple students are required to purchase a decal for each vehicle coming to campus.

What happens when I get a new car?
You cannot transfer decals from one vehicle to another. Remove the decal from the old car and bring it to the Office of Parking & DolphinCard Services for a new decal. A fee of $5.00 will be charged for all replacements.

I am a student that also works for the college. Do I qualify for a staff decal and an access card?
No. Student status prevails. You will be eligible for a student decal. Only those individuals who are issued CSI Faculty/ Staff ID cards may purchase a staff decal.

How do I register a handicapped permit?
If your vehicle has handicapped license plates, the vehicle is automatically authorized to park in any handicapped-reserved space. A valid CSI parking decal is still required. Please note, as per the NYC Dept. of Transportation, Special Parking ID placards are not acceptable for use on campus.

The College of Staten Island requires, in addition to a valid CSI parking decal, every student and college employee who displays a State, County, or municipal agency handicapped hangtag to REGISTER with the Office of parking & DolphinCard Services prior to using the handicapped-reserved spaces on campus. A special decal will be issued for your vehicle that will authorize you to park in these spaces. Please contact the office for specific instructions.

What if I don't pay tickets received?
Students with one or more outstanding summonses may have an ACADEMIC BLOCK put on their records. This block will prevent the student from registering for classes, receiving a transcript, or obtaining a diploma. Faculty and staff with one or more outstanding summonses may have a letter of advisement sent to their Department Chair, Director, or Dean. All outstanding summonses are subject to collections proceedings.

What do I do if my vehicle is immobilized?
CSI parking policy states that, "Repeat violators who have two or more outstanding summonses will have their vehicle booted." A summons is considered outstanding when the fine has not been paid and the summons has been adjudicated pursuant to the college's policies and procedures. The boot is removed when the outstanding indebtedness is satisfied.