The Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competence program at CSI is the first of its kind in the country. It has been developed and designed to help health care professionals:
- Advance and revitalize your career
- Increase your earning potential, marketability, and promotional opportunities
- Meet the health care and educational demands of an increasingly diverse population
- Meet accrediting agency and professional association mandates for cultural competence education
Take the first step in advancing your cultural competence development by browsing our site using the navigation links to the left.
Notable Features of CSI Advanced Certificate Program
Developed and taught by Marianne Jeffreys, an international scholar in Cultural Competence, CSI’s program is unique in many ways.
- The first and still one of the only advanced certificate programs in cultural competence
- Approved by New York State Education Department
- Taught asynchronously online and combines a variety of interactive teaching-learning activities.
- Online program completion in three 3 semesters (spring, fall, spring) 3 courses total
- Individualized student projects and papers according to students’ area of interest
- Assistance with library and online resources
What is Cultural Competence?
Cultural competence enables health care professionals to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate healthcare to patients in cross-cultural communities.
Cultural Competence In Health and Human Services | NPIN (cdc.gov)
For more information on how to enroll, click here.