Developed and taught by the internationally renowned author and scholar Marianne Jeffreys, this Advanced Certificate program embodies her years of research and expertise in the ever expanding field of Cultural Competence. During the course of the program, she will be joined by other leading experts in the field.
About Marianne R. Jeffreys, EdD, RN
- Recipient of AJN Book of the Year Award for her book Teaching Cultural Competence in Nursing and Health Care: Inquiry, Action, and Innovation (2006)
- Selected as “Consultant of the Month” (December 2007) by National Center for Cultural Competence
- Transcultural Nursing Scholar
- 2 Post-doctoral Research Awards from Teachers College, Columbia University NEAA for research on
- Cultural competence, self-efficacy, teaching, psychometrics
- Nontraditional nursing student achievement and retention
- Recipient of numerous awards, including the international Leininger Award for Excellence in Transcultural Nursing
- Author of Nursing Student Retention: Understanding the Process and Making a Difference, numerous book chapters, journal articles, and videos.
- Consultant for grant-funded projects (HRSA, Kellogg) as well as institutional workshops
- Member of Kappa Delta Pi International Honor Society in Education, Columbia University Chapter
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing, Mu Upsilon Chapter
- Graduate nursing degrees (MA, MEd, EdD) from Teachers College, Columbia University
For more information regarding one of the world’s premiere authority on Cultural Competence, view the program creator’s personal website at www.mariannejeffreys.com