We provide an effective blend of theory, research, academic rigor, technology, and contemporary practice experiences to help students develop personally and professionally for entry-level and advanced careers in nursing. Our prelicensure program (AAS) prepares students for entry-into practice. AAS graduates are eligible to take the registered nurse (RN) licensing exam. Other degree programs include baccalaureate (RN to BS), masters (nurse practitioner [NP] and clinical nurse specialist [CNS]), and clinical doctorate [DNP]). Several certificate programs are also offered (post-masters NP or CNS and post- baccalaureate advanced certificate in cultural competence for nurses and other health care professionals). The PhD in nursing is offered as part of a CUNY consortium at the CUNY Graduate Center in Manhattan. Our dedicated and experienced faculty work with full-time and part-time students in many aspects of academic life such as coursework, including classroom, clinical, simulation, and laboratory experiences in professional settings. We offer in-person programs with in-person and online sections available.
The Associate, Baccalaureate and Master's degrees in Nursing are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education of Nurses (ACEN).
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
RN to BS (Bachelor of Science)
Programs in this department
- Undergraduate: Associate in Applied Science with a major in nursing (AAS)
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing (RN to BS)
- Advanced Certificate: Cultural Competence (post-baccalaureate - interprofessional)
- Graduate: Master of Science (MS) in Adult-Gerontology Nursing – NP
- Graduate: Master of Science (MS) in Adult-Gerontology Nursing – CNS
- Graduate: Post-Masters Certificate in Adult-Gerontology Nursing – NP
- Graduate: Post-Masters Certificate in Adult-Gerontology Nursing – CNS
- Graduate: Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Adult-Gerontological Health - NP
- Graduate: Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Adult-Gerontological Health -CNS
- Graduate: (PhD) in Nursing (part of CUNY Consortium at Graduate Center)