If you are dedicated to expanding your professional development and being on the cutting edge of healthcare, this program will benefit you whether you work in a practice or an academic setting.
Who Should Enroll?
- Students currently enrolled in masters or doctoral programs
- Nurses with baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral degrees working in practice or academic settings
- Health care professionals with masters or doctoral degrees working in practice or academic settings
- Advance and revitalize your career
- Increase your earning potential, marketability, and promotional opportunities
- Meet the health care and educational demands of an increasingly diverse population
- Accrediting agencies and professional associations mandate cultural competence in clinical practice
All applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Nursing with a GPA of 3.0 or above in nursing courses, or a higher degree in Nursing, or other related fields. Applicants must also submit a personal goal statement of 300-500 words that describes their cultural competence goals. Students who enroll in the Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competence who later want to matriculate in one of the Master's degree in nursing programs must meet admissions criteria of the degree program.
How to Enroll
Admission Deadline April 1.
For more information and assistance, please contact:
CUNY College of Staten Island
Office of Recruitment & Admission
2800 Victory Boulevard
Staten Island, New York 10314
Phone: (718) 982-2019
Fax: (718) 982-2500