The CUNY Research Scholars Program (CRSP) provides funded laboratory experiences for associate degree students over a one-year period. The program aims to increase the participation of high achieving undergraduate students in authentic research in science and technology.
CRSP participants must be full-time associate degree students. Students should commit to being part of the program for one full academic year plus summer. For participation in the program, students will receive a $5,000 fellowship for a mentored research through one academic year and summer. CRSP students are required to give oral/poster presentations and attend the workshops and career development seminars.
The CUNY Research Scholars program at CSI enrolls ~20 students every year. CRSP accepts applications once a year in August. Students are encouraged to apply if they have developed a relationship with a research mentor through other undergraduate research programs at CSI.
- Associate degree (AS/AA)
- Full time
- GPA must be 3.0 or above
- STEM Major (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)
- Must be willing to commit to one year (400 hours) of research related activity with their mentor as a CSI student:
- Fall: 60 hours at 6 hours per week
- Spring: 60 hours at 6 hours per week
- Summer: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks