HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS, the application deadline for Macaulay Honors College is December 8th at 6pm EST.
In light of the COVID-19 crisis, CUNY is suspending the use of SAT and ACT tests for Fall 2021 admission cycle, including the Macaulay class of 2025. Applicants to Macaulay and its senior colleges will not be required to submit SAT or ACT test scores to be reviewed for admission; nor shall any submitted scores be considered in evaluating their applications. DETAILS
The Macaulay Honors College application is designed to provide information about each applicant's academic record and preparation for a rigorous intellectual college experience. The admissions committee uses a holistic approach to evaluate applicant qualifications, including academic and personal achievements. Click here for details.
Prospective Macaulay students apply online as a Future Student* using the CUNY application. You’ll be directed to create a CUNY Application account first and then to a special section for Macaulay applicants.
*Students enter the program as freshmen; mid-term and transfer applications are not accepted.
Please refer to this webpage regularly as updates may occur due to the ongoing health crisis.
For Further Information
You may contact the Office of Admission at CSI, (718) 982-2010, Office of Admission Services (OAS) at 1-800-CUNY-YES, or the CSI Honors College office (718) 982-2222.
Macaulay Honors College at the College of Staten Island
Deadline for Fall 2021 – December 8, 2020 (6:00 p.m.)
- CUNY MHC online application
- $65 application fee (satisfied by credit card, debit card or CUNY fee waiver)
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT or ACT scores – In light of the COVID-19 crisis, CUNY is suspending the use of SAT and ACT tests for Fall 2021 admission cycle, including Macaulay’s class of 2025.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted by December 22nd
- Character Reference Letter submitted by January 15th
Please note: After completing the application, print out the application summary package. It contains important documents and provides you with a printed record of your submission. The Macaulay Honors College application serves as both your general freshman application and your honors application. If you encounter technical issues with the application, please contact the HelpDesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Macaulay Honors College Essays:
You need to select one topic from the Personal Reflection section and one topic from the Social Issues section. There is a maximum of 500 words for each essay.
Remember to proofread carefully and save a hard copy for your records.
- Describe an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Reflecting on your experience and aspirations, discuss how your life will differ from your parents’ lives. Provide concrete evidence to illustrate your position.
- Pick a story of local, national, or international importance from the front page of any newspaper. Identify your source and give the date the article appeared. Then use your sense of humor, sense of outrage, sense of justice – or just plain good sense – to explain why the story engages your attention.
- Given the confluence of crises that we face today, what have you learned about yourself, your family, and your community?
The online application to Macaulay Honors College allows students to select up to two of the Macaulay campuses. Please list the colleges in order of preference. Students who select the College of Staten Island as their first choice will receive priority consideration of their application by Macaulay/CSI.
For additional information or assistance with the application process, please contact
Ms. Michelle Buonacore-Artz, Deputy Director of Recruitment & Admissions.
The Macaulay Honors College provides generous financial support so that University Scholars can both maximize the time they spend on their education and take full advantage of the professional development opportunities our program offers. The Macaulay Honors College four-year, financial aid package includes:
- Full tuition scholarship for New York State residents*
- Access to a Macaulay Honors College Opportunities Fund that supports academically enriching experiences like study abroad and unpaid internships
- A free laptop computer
All students who are admitted to the Macaulay Honors College must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and remain in academic good standing. New York State residents must also file TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) applications. Both forms must be completed on an annual basis prior to the start of each academic year. Applicants may also log onto the FAFSA Web site at www.fafsa.edu.gov where FAFSA forms may be filed on-line; or call 1-800-4-FEDAID.
* Tuition scholarship for New York State residents in the amount of tuition minus any TAP award and associated funding.
Save the Date!
Meet Macaulay at the CSI Virtual Open House on Sunday, November 8th at 1:00 pm
Take a virtual tour of the College of Staten Island campus, learn about selected majors, and/or make an appointment to attend a personalized information session with a campus recruitment representative: