The Macaulay Honors College application is designed to provide information about each applicant's academic record and preparation for a rigorous intellectual college experience. The admissions committee uses a holistic approach to evaluate applicant qualifications, including academic and personal achievements:
- High school transcript, including Regents Scores (for NYS students)
- SAT/ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities
- Personal initiative and leadership qualities
- Community Service
- Interview (invitation only)
Prospective Macaulay students apply online using the CUNY application. The application for the Class of 2024 will open on September 1, 2019. This application serves as both the freshman admission application to CUNY and to the Macaulay Honors College. Students enter the program as freshmen; mid-term and transfer applications are not accepted.
Applications must be submitted by December 1st at 6 pm EST. CSI will notify the applicant about admission to the College of Staten Island in the middle of February. Notification about admission to the Macaulay Honors College will be available on March 15th.
For Further Information
You may contact the Office of Admission at CSI, (718) 982-2010, Office of Admission Services (OAS) at 1-800-CUNY-YES, or the CSI Honors College office (718) 982-2222.
The Macaulay Honors College provides generous financial support so that University Scholars can both maximize the time they spend on their education and take full advantage of the professional development opportunities our program offers. The Macaulay Honors College four-year, financial aid package includes:
- Full tuition scholarship for New York State residents*
- Access to a Macaulay Honors College Opportunities Fund that supports academically enriching experiences like study abroad and unpaid internships
- A free laptop computer
All students who are admitted to the Macaulay Honors College must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and remain in academic good standing. New York State residents must also file TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) applications. Both forms must be completed on an annual basis prior to the start of each academic year. Applicants may also log onto the FAFSA Web site at www.fafsa.edu.gov where FAFSA forms may be filed on-line; or call 1-800-4-FEDAID.
* Tuition scholarship for New York State residents in the amount of tuition minus any TAP award and associated funding.