The Macaulay (CUNY) Application will open on September 1, 2021 on CUNY’s website and must be completed online. You will be directed to create a CUNY Application account first and then to a special section for Macaulay applicants. The Macaulay honors college accepts first-time freshman students, only.
After completing the application, print out the application summary package. It contains important documents and provides you with a printed record of your submission.
The application deadline for Macaulay Honors College is November 16, 2021. Macaulay Honors College does not offer an early decision option.
- The Macaulay essay prompts are posted!
- For complete information about the Macaulay application process.
In light of the COVID-19 crisis, CUNY is suspending the use of SAT and ACT tests for Fall 2022 admission cycle, including the Macaulay Class of 2026. Click her for Details.
The Macaulay Honors College application is designed to provide information about each applicant's academic record and preparation for a rigorous intellectual college experience. The admissions committee uses a holistic approach to evaluate applicant qualifications. Click here for details.
For Further Information
You may contact the Office of Admission at CSI, (718) 982-2010, Office of Admission Services (OAS) at 1-800-CUNY-YES, or the CSI Honors College office (718) 982-2222.
Macaulay Honors College at the College of Staten Island
Deadline for Fall 2022 – November 16, 2021
- CUNY MHC online application
- $65 application fee (satisfied by credit card, debit card or CUNY fee waiver)
- Official high school transcript(s)
- SAT or ACT scores – In light of the COVID-19 crisis, CUNY is suspending the use of SAT and ACT tests for Fall 2022 admission cycle, including Macaulay’s class of 2026.
- Two essays**
- Two letters of recommendation
- Character reference letter, submitted by January 15th
For complete information about the Macaulay application process.
**Macaulay Honors College Essays:
You need to submit two pieces of writing as part of your online application: an ESSAY and a WRITING SAMPLE of your choice. Both essays have a 500 word preferred limit (each). Be sure to proofread carefully and save a hard copy for your records.
- Describe an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
Write on a topic of your choice. It may be something you have already written, something that addressed a different prompt (such as another college essay or academic assignment), or may be an essay of your own design.
In selecting your writing sample, please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Your readers will not be specialists in any specific field, submissions of a technical nature are discouraged
- Your submission can be an excerpt from a larger text, but it should be self-contained, with a reasonably clear beginning, middle, and end
- Be ambitious in your writing, but also aware of your word count limitations
Please note: After completing the application, print out the application summary package. It contains important documents and provides you with a printed record of your submission. The Macaulay Honors College application serves as both your general freshman application and your Macaulay honors application. If you encounter technical issues with the application, please contact the HelpDesk at email@example.com.
For additional information or assistance with the application process, please contact
Ms. Michelle Buonacore-Artz, Deputy Director of Recruitment & Admissions.
The Macaulay Honors College provides generous financial support so that University Scholars can both maximize the time they spend on their education and take full advantage of the professional development opportunities our program offers. The Macaulay Honors College four-year, financial aid package includes:
- Full tuition scholarship for New York State residents*
- Access to a Macaulay Honors College Opportunities Fund that supports academically enriching experiences like study abroad and unpaid internships
- A free laptop computer
All students who are admitted to the Macaulay Honors College must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and remain in academic good standing. New York State residents must also file TAP (Tuition Assistance Program) applications. Both forms must be completed on an annual basis prior to the start of each academic year. Applicants may also log onto the FAFSA Web site at www.fafsa.edu.gov where FAFSA forms may be filed on-line; or call 1-800-4-FEDAID.
* Tuition scholarship for New York State residents in the amount of tuition minus any TAP award and associated funding.
The Macaulay CSI Virtual Information Session will take place on October 3rd at 4:00 pm. You will have the opportunity to learn about the Macaulay Honors College at the College of Staten Island, speak with students, faculty, and staff, and receive information on how to apply for admission to the Class of 2026.
Take a virtual tour of the College of Staten Island campus, learn about selected majors, and/or make an appointment to attend a personalized information session with a campus recruitment representative:
- In-Person Campus Tours and Personalized Virtual Information Sessions
- Virtual Tour of Campus
- Recorded Information Sessions for selected Departments and Majors
Attend a virtual Macaulay Honors College Open House, Information Session, or Peer Mentor Q&A Session