- What do I need to bring at the time of registration?
- What do I need to get registered?
- What about "prerequisites" and/or “co-requisites”?
- How many credits can I register for as a visiting and non-CUNY student?
- If I drop a course do I get charged?
- Transcript of the student
- Permission on home college letterhead authorizing the student to take the specific course. For example, the letter should state that the student is allowed to take English 111 at the College of Staten Island.
- If you are registering for someone else, you must bring the following:
- Permission letter/email from the student allowing you to register for him/her
- Identification of the student and the person registering on behalf of the student
Back to top
What do I need to get registered?
The course listings will be available online – visit the schedule of classes. Visiting students will register in person at the Registrar's Office located in the North Administration Building 2A, Room 107. Please refer to the winter academic calendar for important Winter session dates.
What about "prerequisites" and/or “co-requisites”?
You must satisfy prerequisites and/or co-requisites in order to register for a course. Prerequisites and/or co-requisites for each course can be found in the Schedule of Classes or Online College Catalog.
Visiting students will need to come in in-person and present permission from their home college to take the CSI course. Visiting students who do not have their home college’s permission will need to come in in-person to present their home college’s transcript to the academic department in order to receive a pre/co-requisite waiver to take a course.
If I drop a course do I get charged?
Please refer to the appropriate semester’s academic calendar for a schedule of charges.
For additional FAQ’s, please visit the Registrar