Applicants with International Credentials
Applicants must submit the following:
- Submit a Graduate Application.
- Educational Documents: We require official transcripts from each college/university attended. Applicants may opt to use one of our recommended evaluation services (listed below) or have the transcript(s) sent directly to the College of Staten Island (CSI) from the issuing institution in a sealed, college/university issued envelope. For your convenience, you may use our transcript request form.
- Supporting Documents: Some programs may require additional documentation, such as letters of recommendation, graduate entrance exams, personal statement, etc. Click here to view the program specific requirements.
- Application Fee: $75 USD, non-refundable check or money order - made payable to the College of Staten Island.
Applicants educated outside of the United States may opt to have their transcripts evaluated by the College of Staten Island or one of the evaluation services listed below:
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., Educated Consultants - If using this service, please refer to the CSI application
- Transcript Research
- Evaluation Service, Inc.
- SpanTran Pathways - If using this service, please refer to the CUNY College of Staten Island application
If the documents are not issued in English, Official Translations will be required
Official translations may be obtained from the following:
- Consulate or embassy of the country that is issuing the document
- Translation agency
- Immigrant or refugee association in the U.S. representing the country issuing the document
- The institution where the student studied
- Faculty member of the U.S. high school, college, or university (must signify his/her academic department and rank)
All translation must meet the following conditions:
- Complete and literal (word-for-word) with no attempts to interpret or evaluate the credential
- Prepared in same format as the original document
- Typed on business or school letterhead stationery
- Signed by a translator attesting to familiarity with the foreign language
Obtaining/Maintaining a Visa
If you are currently an international student in F-1 or J-1 status, intend to apply for a student visa outside of the U.S. or change your status to F-1 or J-1, please contact the Center for Global Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 718.982.2100. The Center will give you information about obtaining the appropriate immigration forms (I-20 or DS-2019).