Learn English in New York City!
The English Language Institute (ELI) offers an exciting and innovative academic program for students learning English as a second language. Our course of study is designed to challenge and engage students. Students are immersed in the language, culture, and the ethnicity of New York City.
ELI Online English Program here.
ELI offers semester and summer terms of 18 and 22 hours of class per week. Students can also join the groups that have already started the semester or summer term and study as many weeks as possible. Students have courses such as reading and writing, grammar, conversation, and TOEFL test preparation workshops with a final TOEFL ITP test, which lets students apply for any CUNY school degree.
Students in our program are entitled to use all the facilities available on campus such as the pool, tennis, basketball, racquetball courts, and fitness center. Students can also attend any lectures or workshops they feel would enhance their own learning experience. We invite you to come and see our beautiful campus. Learn English while enjoying the rich culture New York City has to offer.
Learn more in our Facebook/Instagram info sessions in English and Spanish:
Join us for an info session regarding our English programs and learn about our program, dates, costs, visa process, etc. Sessions will be in English or Spanish, on Facebook and Instagram.
- Jan 9: Facebook / in English / College life
- Jan 23: Instagram / in English / College life
- Jan 30: Facebook / in Spanish/ College life
- Feb 6: Instagram / in Spanish/ College life
- Feb 15: Facebook / in English / TOEFL
- Feb 22: Instagram / in English / TOEFL
- Feb 27: Facebook / in Spanish/ TOEFL
- Mar 6: Instagram / in Spanish/ TOEFL
Apply to ELI
Contact The Center for Global Engagement to request alternative access to these documents.
- ELI application form in PDF or complete an ELI application on Google form here.
- Requirements for Issuing an I-20 or DS-2019
- F-1 Student Transfer Form
- Statement of Financial Support form in PDF or complete the Google form here. - What is this?
ELI Application Process:
1. Student sends application documents and fees:
- Application Form
- Passport (F-1 student visa applicant) / Driver's license, passport, Green Card, other photo ID (non-F-1 student visa applicants)
- Statement of Financial Support form (F-1 student visa applicant) - What is this?
- Bank statement (F-1 student visa applicant)
- $100 application fee
- $100 document processing fee (F-1 student visa applicant)
Non-F-1 student visa applicants can skip step 2 and 3.
2, ELI accepts application:
- ELI sends I-20 to student (F-1 student visa applicant)
3, Student applies to F-1 student visa - How can I get an F-1 student visa?
- SEVIS (F-1 student visa applicant)
- Visa appointment at U.S. Embassy or Consulate
4. ELI tuition fee:
- After F-1 student visa approval or non-F-1 student is accepted, student pays tuition fee.
- Application process completed.
Translate this text in your language in Google Translate here.