Learn English in New York City!
The Center for Global Engagement and the English Language Institute open their office on campus on August 16, 2021. Walk-ins are accepted, preferably with an appointment.
Applications are still open!!!
Fall 2021: August 23 - December 10 (On campus and Online)
Spring 2022: January 18 - May 13 (On campus and Online)
Summer 1 - 2022: May 31 - July 7 (On campus and Online)
Summer 2 - 2022: July 11 - August 18 (On campus and Online)
Apply now: email@example.com
Whatsapp with us here or call/text us: +1.929.376.8302 in English, Español, Português, Français
The English Language Institute (ELI) offers an exciting and innovative academic program for students learning English as a second language. Our course of study is designed to challenge and engage students. Students are immersed in the language, culture, and the ethnicity of New York City.
ELI Online English Program here.
**** Summer and Fall 2021 ****
Our campus will be closed next summer 2021 but is planning to return gradually next Fall 2021. The Intensive English Program will keep the same format during the summer with an online offer. For Fall 2021, ELI classes will be offered 100% on campus and 100% online.
ELI offers semester and summer terms of 18 and 22 hours of class per week. Students can also join the groups that have already started the semester or summer term and study as many weeks as possible. Students have courses such as reading and writing, grammar, conversation, and TOEFL test preparation workshops with a final TOEFL ITP test, which lets students apply for any CUNY school degree.
Students in our program are entitled to use all the facilities available on campus such as the pool, tennis, basketball, racquetball courts, and fitness center. Students can also attend any lectures or workshops they feel would enhance their own learning experience. We invite you to come and see our beautiful campus. Learn English while enjoying the rich culture New York City has to offer.
Apply to ELI
Contact The Center for Global Engagement to request alternative access to these documents.
- ELI application
- Requirements for Issuing an I-20 or DS-2019
- F-1 Student Transfer Form
- Statement of Financial Support
ELI Application Process:
1. Student sends application documents and fees:
- Application Form
- Passport (F-1 student visa applicant) / Driver's license, passport, Green Card, other photo ID (non-F-1 student visa applicants)
- Statement of Financial Support form (F-1 student visa applicant)
- Bank statement (F-1 student visa applicant)
- $100 application fee
- $100 document processing fee (F-1 student visa applicant)
- $100 I-20 FedEx shipping (F-1 student visa applicant)
Non-F-1 student visa applicants can skip step 2 and 3.
2, ELI accepts application:
- ELI sends I-20 to student (F-1 student visa applicant)
3, Student applies to F-1 student visa:
- SEVIS (F-1 student visa applicant)
- Visa appointment at U.S. Embassy or Consulate
4. ELI tuition fee:
- After F-1 student visa approval or non-F-1 student is accepted, student pays tuition fee.
- Application process completed.