- Focus strongly on your academics including going to classes, participating in class discussions, completing all your assignments, and studying for tests and exams.
- Review your oral and written communication skills with a faculty member
- Get help with your academics, including, tutoring (On-Campus Tutoring Schedule, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math, Humanities and Social Sciences), and practicing conversational English and writing skills (Writing Center).
- Make sure you speak with an adviser about your major and course selection (Academic Advisement)
- After your appointment at Academic Advisement, visit us at the CCPD to review your choice of a major (we are right next door!) (Center for Career and Professional Development)
- Take advantage of some Career Surveys to help with your major
- Begin to learn about Self Branding
- Create or Revise Resume using the resources below.
- Begin to network on campus by joining campus clubs and activities
- Activate Your Handshake Account
- Make an appointment at the CCPD to review any surveys you took and your resume.