2019 Annual Induction Ceremony
Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, Eta Lamba Chapter at the College of Staten Island
Phi Beta Delta is the nation's first honor society dedicated to recognizing individuals who have demonstrated scholarly achievement and performed outstanding service and leadership in the area of international education.
The goals of the organization include the recognition of individual achievement in the area of international understanding; the advancement of international programming, research and scholarly exchange; and the creation of a campus network linked to a network of members in chapters worldwide.
Phi Beta Delta,Honor Society for International ScholarsEta Lambda Chapter at the College of Staten Island/CUNY
Building 2A-Room 206
Phone : 718-982-2100
Contact Via Email
California State University, San Bernardino
Phone: (+1) 909-537-5018
President-Anita Romano, Macaulay Honors College
Past President- Jane Marcus-Delgado, Political Science and Global Affairs
Vice President–Regina Lama, Department of Nursing
Secretary-Crystal Deosaran, Recruitment and Admissions
Student Vice President-Maria Ivanova, International first year Ph.D.
Chapter Coordinator-Winnie Brophy, Center for Global Engagement
Margaret Bérci, School of Education
Susan Sullivan, School of Education
Alan Zimmerman, School of Business
- Ambassador Maria Teresa Merino Villarán de Hart, Consul General of Peru, New York with CSI new student inductees and Anita Romano
- 2017 Inductees
- Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, 2018 Induction Ceremony
- Induction Ceremony Table
- Mariama Djaura with Dr. Hendrix (President of Shepherd University, West Virginia), Winnie Brophy (PBD President), Dr. Hillary Bishop (faculty) and her student Mariama from Liverpool John Morres University, U.K. at 2019 Annual PBD Conference.
- 2011 Inductees
Lists of Inductees
Candidacy for membership will be based on criteria established by the Governing Board in accordance with the aims of the organization. This nomination recognizes your exceptional achievement and service to international education. By joining Phi Beta Delta you distinguish yourself as a member of a global community dedicated to fostering the highest standards of international understanding.
The criteria are as follows:
- GPA of 3.3 for undergraduate students who have completed 60 credits or more by the Fall semester prior to induction
- GPA of 3.6 for graduate students
- Completion of a minimum of one study abroad experience (for domestic students) and/or have been involved in recognized international endeavors
- Letter of nomination from full-time faculty/committee
- CSI alumni who have met the GPA criterion stated above
- Statement of interest
- CSI alumni who have met the above criteria
For Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff who have been involved in recognized international endeavors such as teaching, conducting research, participating in overseas projects, administering exchange programs, or providing services to international students and scholars.
Honorary Membership: The Governing Board may name honorary members.
Candidates for membership will be approved by the members of the Governing Board of the chapter and inducted at the annual initiation ceremony.
Membership in Phi Beta Delta does require a $65 for the first year. This fee covers a medallion, a certificate, a membership card, the newsletter and national and chapter membership dues. After that, the annual membership fee is reduced to $30.