35th Annual Phi Beta Belta Honors Society for International Scholars Webinar Conference
Monday-Tuesday, May 24-25, 2021, 11:00AM-7:30 PM (EST)
Theme: Moving Forward: The Future of Collaboration in Our Diverse World
Keynote Speaker: Christine Pope, Senior Network Director of Welcoming America.
Apply PBD 2021 Student Scholarship, due: April 23, 2021 For details, visit the society’s website.
9th Annual Induction Ceremony Virtual Event
Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 3:00PM (EST)
The Eta Lambda Chapter of the Phi Beta Delta (PBD) Honor Society for International Scholars at CSI recently inducted 20 faculty, students, and alumni into the prestigious society. Visit CSIToday
Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, Eta Lambda Chapter at the College of Staten Island
Phi Beta Delta is the nation's first honor society dedicated to recognizing individuals who have demonstrated scholarly achievement and performed outstanding service and leadership in the area of international education.
The goals of the organization include the recognition of individual achievement in the area of international understanding; the advancement of international programming, research and scholarly exchange; and the creation of a campus network linked to a network of members in chapters worldwide. View 2019 Annual Induction Ceremony and gallery and more photos on here.
Phi Beta Delta,Honor Society for International ScholarsEta Lambda Chapter at the College of Staten Island/CUNY
Building 2A-Room 206
Phone : 718-982-2100
Fax : 718-982-2108
Contact Via Email
California State University, San Bernardino
Phone: (+1) 909-537-5018
President-Anita Romano, Macaulay Honors College
Past President- Jane Marcus-Delgado, Political Science and Global Affairs
Vice President–Regina Lama, Department of Nursing
Secretary-Camille Gallo, Adjunct Lecturer, The Lucille and Jay Chazanoff School of Business
Student Vice President-Maria Ivanova, International first year Ph.D.
Chapter Coordinator-Winnie Brophy, Center for Global Engagement
Margaret Bérci, School of Education
Susan Sullivan, School of Education
Alan Zimmerman, The Lucille and Jay Chazanoff School of Business
- Keynote speaker Dr. Sarolta Takács with guests
- Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, 2018 Induction Ceremony
- Ambassador Maria Teresa Merino Villarán de Hart, Consul General of Peru, New York with CSI new student inductees and Anita Romano
- 2017 Inductees
- Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, 2017 Induction Ceremony
- Induction Ceremony Table
- Mariama Djaura with Dr. Hendrix (President of Shepherd University, West Virginia), Winnie Brophy (PBD President), Dr. Hillary Bishop (faculty) and her student Mariama from Liverpool John Morres University, U.K. at 2019 Annual PBD Conference.
- 2011 Inductees
- Virtual Induction Ceremony 2021
Lists of Inductees
Candidacy for membership will be based on criteria established by the Governing Board in accordance with the aims of the organization. This nomination recognizes your exceptional achievement and service to international education. By joining Phi Beta Delta you distinguish yourself as a member of a global community dedicated to fostering the highest standards of international understanding.
Membership Criteria for Students:
- GPA of 3.3 for associate degree students who have attained at least 30 credit hours
- GPA of 3.3 for bachelor’s degree students who have attained at least 45 credit hours
- GPA of 3.6 for master’s degree students who have completed at least one semester of a one-year master’s degree, or two semesters of a two-year master’s degree
- GPA of 3.6 for doctoral degree students who have completed at least two semesters of their doctoral degree
- Letter of nomination from full-time faculty or PBD committee member
- Statement of interest
International students (non-immigrant visa holders) will be considered upon meeting the requirements above.
Domestic students will be considered upon meeting the requirements above and completion of an academic study abroad in an exchange program approved by the institution or who have been involved in recognized international endeavors.
Membership Criteria for Alumni:
- CSI alumni who have met the GPA and other criteria stated above are eligible to be considered for membership.
Membership Criteria for Faculty and Staff:
- Faculty and staff who have been involved in recognized international endeavors such as teaching, conducting research, participating in overseas projects, administering exchange programs, or providing services to international students and scholars.
- Persons nominated, selected, and initiated (inducted) into the Society shall retain this honor for life. Active and inactive membership shall determine the privileges accorded to individuals inducted into the Society.
Candidates for membership will be approved by the members of the Governing Board of the chapter and inducted at the annual induction ceremony.
Membership in Phi Beta Delta does require a $65 for the first year. This fee covers a medallion, a certificate, a membership card, the newsletter, and national and chapter membership dues. After that, the annual membership fee is $30.