Computer Science Department Overview
The Computer Science Department offers programs that prepare students for careers as computer professionals and/or for continued study. The major provides a broad-based background in computer science and includes courses in computer software, computer systems, mathematics, network security, and computer hardware. We are committed to offering courses that stay current with changing technologies. Our BS degree is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology which means our program meets the highest national standards.
What are obtainable jobs with Computer Science degrees?
- Applications Development Manager/Architect
- Artificial Intelligence Research Scientist
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Cloud Product Manager
- Computer & Information System Manager
- Computer Graphics Specialist
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Programmer
Bureau Labor Statistics
- 489,000 new jobs in Computer Science-related fields by 2024.
- 2015 median annual wage of software developers $101,690
- Game Development
- Networking and Security
BS in Computer Science
Has been continuously accredited since 1989.
Programs in Computer Science Department
Computer Science Department Faculty and Staff
Full Time Faculty
- Orit D. Gruber
- Laurie Guido
- Chang Guo
- Ankur Kumar
- Joanne Morris