Department of Nursing
Master of Science
As an RN with a baccalaureate degree in nursing, you can enter our unique program that prepares advanced practice nurses for the Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) or Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP) roles. The program emphasizes cultural competency in the care of diverse populations. You will explore theoretical foundations of nursing science, study advanced pathophysiology, examine health policy, and study advanced clinical concepts associated with the care of the adult-gerontological population in the specialty of your choice. Further develop your clinical expertise while engaging in evidence-based practice through research translation. Explore your future role as educator, leader, and consultant. You may choose to study full- or part-time. Full-time students may be eligible for grant-funded assistance. Graduates of the MS in Adult-Gerontological Health Nursing will be prepared to contribute to the profession and their clients’ welfare by distinguishing themselves in evidenced-based practice, leadership, education, and as a consultant in their chosen specialty. You will be paving the way for future graduate study at the clinical or research doctoral level. For more information about the graduate program, call Catherine Paradiso at (718) 982-3838 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advanced Certificate Programs
- Advanced Certificate in Adult-Gerontological Nursing-Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Advanced Certificate in Adult-Gerontological Nursing-Nurse Practitioner
For more information about the above named advanced certificate programs contact Catherine Paradiso at (718) 982-3838 or email her at email@example.com.
Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competence
The Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competence program at CSI is the first of its kind in the country. It has been developed and designed to help health professionals:
- Advance and revitalize your career
- Increase earning potential, marketability, and promotional opportunities
- Meet health care and educational demands of a diverse population
- Meet accrediting agency and professional association mandates for cultural competence education
For more information about the Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competence email Dr. Jeffreys at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Gainful Employment Disclosure
- Advanced Certificate in Cultural Competence
- Post-Masters Advanced Certificate in Adult-Gerontological Health Nursing - CNS
- Post-Masters Advanced Certificate in Adult-Gerontological Health Nursing - NP
The Doctor of Nursing practice (DNP) program in Adult-gerontological health is offered by the College of Staten Island. For more information about the CSI DNP program, email Catherine Paradiso at email@example.com.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program is offered by the Graduate Center in conjunction with the three CUNY master’s programs in nursing: Hunter College, Lehman College, and the College of Staten Island. For more information about the CUNY PhD program, email Dr. Gigliotti at firstname.lastname@example.org.