- The CSI dining services alone produces 200 lbs of pre-consumer waste per year that could be composted.
- In October 2017 we held a Compost Project Workshop here at CSI
- In November 2018 we built the first composter on campus.
Did you know?
- Over 60% of what we put in our landfills can be composted.
- You can build your own composter with a soda bottle? Click the link to find out more! http://compost.css.cornell.edu/soda.html
- This initiative fulfills UN Sustainability Goal #12.
On Your Campus
- Create a composter from scratch.
- Have student compost volunteers monitor compost bins at lunch to make sure no contaminants enter the bins, and to remove them if there are.
- Did you know that a composter is simple and easy to build? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DceuzpEtkho.
In the Office
- Tell your coworkers about the benefits of composting to help spread the word
Where You Live
- All of the listed items can be composted at your home