Eligibility for SEEK at CSI
To be eligible for SEEK, you must:
- Be a legal resident of New York State for at least one year prior to entering college
- Be a high school graduate or recipient of a state-approved equivalency diploma
- Be a first-time freshman or previously enrolled in an Higher Education Opportunities Program (HEOP) or Equality Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Be accepted, at the time of admission, for CSI’s Associate degree programs, but not for the general baccalaureate; however, students who demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing and math may be eligible for the baccalaureate level through SEEK
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with CSI code: 002698
- Complete the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application with CSI code: 1417
- All applicants to the Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK program must meet the economic criteria listed below established by New York State guidelines.
Transfer Students from College Discovery (CD), EOP, HEOP, and SEEK are eligible to transfer into SEEK at College of Staten Island provided that they have remaining semesters of eligibility. Transfer students must complete the CUNY online transfer application.
SEEK students are eligible for extended semesters of financial aid, and most SEEK students receive both Pell and Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) grants. While a non-SEEK student receives 8 semesters of TAP, SEEK students receive 10.
In addition, students are given an educational stipend each semester and some fees are covered.
New York State Income Eligibility Guidelines for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
The following is a guideline for determining economic eligibility for first time freshmen entering college in the fall 2021.
Number of Members in Household
Add $8,288 for each family member in excess of 8