Virtual CART Sessions
To start you successfully along your path, your first few months will be committed to orienting you into the College. This process consists of several strategically planned events that you must partake in to begin your educational career at CSI.
Your first step is to attend a mandatory CSI Advisement and Registration Training (CART) session to prepare you for your first semester at CSI. At the moment, we will be offering CART virtually through Blackboard.
Learn about the Virtual CART session
If you have questions, please email us at email@example.com
Center for Advising and Academic Success
South Administration Building (1A), Room 101
Here both entering freshmen and transfer students can find yearly assistance with the major selection and declaration process, career testing and guidance, course selection, understanding general education requirements, interrupting academic policies and procedures, and NY State TAP progress assistance. All undecided students receive academic advising services through the Center for Advising and Academic Success. A photo ID is required of all students in order to receive advising and registration services.
First Year Students
At CSI, your Advisement and Registration experience begins at CSIs Advisement and Registration Training (CART) session after you have completed your testing process (if required) and once you have paid your tuition deposit (Admissions Response Form).
During the CART session you will:
- Obtain portal access;
- Review your testing results and viable general education courses that are applicable for you during your first semester at CSI;
- Select a Block (a pre-packaged set of courses linked together) and two additional courses (outside of the block) to form your class schedule and register for these classes via CUNYFirst;
- Be provided with a copy of your schedule, and referrals to meet with Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Bursar’s Office as needed.
After admission and commitment to CSI, the Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS) will evaluate credits of transfer students for advanced standing. Final degree credit for transfer work depends upon grades earned and College and departmental requirements. CAAS will also assist with advisement and registration.
- Make sure that you have accepted the offer of admission on CUNYFirst. Here are the instructions on how to do it.
- Please watch this video on what you need to know before enrolling for classes at CSI.
- Review the CSI’s Advisement & Registration Training on Blackboard.
- Submit health records to Health and Wellness Center. Please also review the Student Vaccination Mandate FAQ.
- After you have been admitted, your transfer credit report will be completed in CUNYFirst. You may find the instructions on how to view the report here.
- Make sure that you have submitted the most updated transcript to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. With questions, please call 646-481-5344.
- Download the Navigate App.
You will be contacted by the Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS) to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
During your appointment, you will meet with an advisor who will assist with:
- Reviewing academic curriculum and major requirements;
- Declaring or changing your major;
- Determining appropriate general education courses needed at CSI;
- Developing your class schedule and registering for classes;
- Answering any academic policy or procedure questions;
- Providing you with a copy of your class schedule;
- Referring you to other offices as needed.
Visit the Center for Advising and Academic Success (CAAS) website for more information.