International Student Identity Card

What benefits does the card offer?

The Center for Global Engagement is authorized to issue the International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC). These cards are recognized worldwide as proof of status and offers various travel discounts and limited insurance around the world.

  • Access to low airfares on major international airlines
  • Basic accident, sickness, accidental death and dismemberment and emergency evacuation insurance while traveling outside the U.S. (for cards purchased in the U.S. only).
  • International savings on accommodation, museums & culture, transportation, attractions, tours and more!
  • 24-hour, toll-free emergency help line.
  • International student/teacher recognition
  • Discounts include transportation, accommodations, international phone calls, car rentals and museum admissions.
  • Great everyday value discounts in the U.S.
  • Each card purchased comes with a booklet explaining all of the benefits in detail.

Where can I purchase my card?
At CSI, the Center for Global Engagement issues ISICs during regular business hours. Walk-ins are welcome.

Center for Global Engagement
College of Staten Island/City University of New York
North Administration 2A, Room 206
2800 Victory Boulevard
Staten Island, NY 10314
Tel: 718.982.2100
Fax: 718.982.2108

How do I apply?

  • Completed International Student Identity Card (ISIC) Application
  • Proof of student/youth/teacher status (see below)
  • One photo (Passport size)
  • I.D. Card Fee $25.00 cash or check (payable to The College of Staten Island)

    Students: Provide one of the following:

  • Photocopy of school ID (must be validated for the current academic year)
  • Letter on school stationary form registrar or dean (with school seal) stating you are enrolled during the current academic year at an accredited institution and working toward a diploma or degree
  • Photocopy of transcript/report card for current academic year

    Teachers: Provide one of the following:

  • Photocopy of Faculty ID (must be validated for current academic year)
  • Letter on school stationary from department chair, school principal, or other school official stating you are a faculty member or faculty equivalent during the current academic year.

How soon can I get my card?
Your card usually ready the date that you apply.

How do I apply if I am not studying at the College of Staten Island?
Go to