Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund
The Carroll and Milton Petrie Student Emergency Grant Fund has been created for the purpose of providing quick response emergency grants to students to enable them to remain in school.
Petrie Student Emergency Grant Guidelines & Requirements
- Grant funding may NOT be applied to tuition/school costs. Applications requesting funding for tuition, student housing, or college fees are ineligible and will not be considered.
- The average award is $500.
- Matriculated students in good financial and academic standing who are experiencing unexpected, short-term financial emergencies are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a record of good conduct.
- Applications must demonstrate unexpected, short-term emergency need.
- All applications are subject to review for eligibility, may require an interview with an assigned Petrie Committee Counselor, and must include documentation to support your application.
- Students who meet eligibility requirements may submit one application per year for consideration.
Petrie Foundation Grants will NOT be awarded for:
- Any tuition/student housing costs
- Previous debts to the College
- Legal representation for a CSI disciplinary proceeding or in a criminal or civil proceeding, including child support
- Credit card bills
- Chronic shortfall issues pertaining to known costs such as rent, utility bills, textbooks or transportation.
Who reviews the application and determines the award amount?
The Emergency Assistance Committee is comprised of staff members from the office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Financial Aid, and several other student services offices. The Committee will review applications and supporting documentation, interview applicants, and make their recommendations. Final approval requires the signature of the Vice President for Student Affairs or designee.
Questions may be directed to the Vice President of Student Affairs, 718-982-2335 or email@example.com