A HyFlex course gives students the ability to choose to attend class sessions either face-to-face or online (e.g., synchronous, asynchronous). The number of modalities available to students will vary from course to course. Students can move among available modalities from class session to session at their discretion.
CUNY Hyflex - 1L220A
The following technology standard is included in 1L220A: instructor PTZ camera with programmed presets, camera for on-premise students, displays so on-premises students can see the remote students, displays in the rear of the class so the instructor can see the remote students, microphone technology for both the instructor feed and classroom feed that allows remote students to hear and participate in classroom discussion, and sound capacity to allow the instructor and in-class students to hear the remote students.
To utilize the technology, view these instructions.
Enhanced Hybrid Smart Classrooms
CSI has outfitted Smart Classrooms with technology in order to support remote students who are unable to attend a course that meets in person on campus. This technology includes a document camera, a webcam capturing content written on a whiteboard/blackboard, a conference microphone, and dual monitors. This technology is integrated with Zoom to allow students to participate in class, as if they were in person.
- For an overview of this technology, please watch this video
- For instructions on how to use this technology, please visit the Enhanced Smart Classroom Guide.
- For training, please visit our registration page
The following is a list of CSI's Enhanced Hybrid Smart Classrooms:
Subject to Change:
Saint George Location:
Technology and Pedagogical Assistance
- Common Anxieties in Beginning HyFlex: Learning to Teach a HyFlex Class – HyFlex Learning Community
- Build to Pivot – HyFlex Learning Community
- What should be countedas equivalent participation in a HyFlex course? – HyFlex Learning Community
- Overwhelmed by three modalities at once? – HyFlex Learning Community