Technology Tips of the Week
The latest version of Zoom (Release notes of 5.8.3 (1581)) provides the following enhancements to the Zoom interface:
- General features
- Additional MSI/PLIST/GPO/MDM options
- Meeting/webinar features
- Polling enhancements for quizzing
- Presentation slide control
- Profile photos for in-meeting chat
- Optional Reclaim Host when rejoining
- Prevent display name changes when SAML mapped
- Full availability of Live Transcription
- Seasonal scenes for Immersive View
- Meeting features
- Two-way chat with Waiting Room participants
To update the Zoom application. Go to the Zoom Desktop client > click on the silhouette in the upper right corner > Check for Updates.
Located in 2A-302, the Technology Training Center is where faculty, staff and students can obtain training on College of Staten Island supported technologies. The Technology Training Center conducts workshops for faculty, staff and students. The training library lists all of the current training offered through the center. A variety of training methods are utilized to meet the needs of the College community including, Virtual Lunch & Learn sessions, In-Person Classroom training conducted in computer laboratories, Meet, Greet & Learn One-on-One support conducted at the Training Center and Tech Byte Tuesday virtual training. We can also provide training to classes at the request of professors or for departments at the request of the department heads. Please contact us to schedule customized training that meets the needs of your students or staff.