Telephone & Voice Mail Instructions
The College of Staten Island’s Telecommunications department supports the campus wide telephone system. These responsibilities include the maintenance and repairs of all telephone related equipment, as well as managing individual phone extensions, call routing functionality and voicemail.
Dial four digit extensions for all internal calls
Dial 2000; speak the individual’s name you wish to contact.
Dial 9 + 1 + (area code) + (seven-digit telephone number)
- Unified Messaging Voicemail
Microsoft Unified Messaging (UM) integrates CSI’s telephones and email and provides for a more efficient means of communication. UM allows for the integration with other Microsoft applications and provides many collaborative opportunities.
Some of the features include:
- Accessing voice mails the same way you currently access your CSI email. The universal inbox lets you access your email, voice mail, calendar, and contacts anywhere - and all from one place.
- Do you need to forward a voice mail? It can still be done from the phone, but now you can also use your smart devices, i.e.: smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Do you need to check your emails? You can now use your phone and text commands to check your email and calendar appointments. Both can be read to you over the phone.
- First Time Setup for Your Unified Messaging Account
- Resetting Your Voicemail PIN Using Outlook Web App
- Accessing Voicemails Using Microsoft Outlook
- Accessing Voicemails Using the Outlook Web App
A telephone service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers.
Contact the Office of Information Technology Services Helpdesk at extension 3695 for Telephone and Voicemail assistance.