Telephone & Voice Mail Instructions
The College of Staten Island’s Telecommunications department supports the campus wide telephone system. These responsibilities include the maintenance and repairs of all telephone related equipment, as well as managing individual phone extensions, call routing functionality and voicemail.
Dial four digit extensions for all internal calls
You don’t know the extension of an individual you need to contact? No problem, you can use CSI’s automated directory assistance. The names of all users who are currently in the CSI web directory have been entered into the Automated Directory. The speech attendant system can be accessed by dialing 2000 on your phone and speaking the individual’s name you wish to contact.
Dial 9 + 1 + (area code) + (seven-digit telephone number)
- Unified Messaging Voicemail
Microsoft Unified Messaging (UM) integrates CSI’s telephones and email and provides for a more efficient means of communication. UM allows for the integration with other Microsoft applications and provides many collaborative opportunities.
Some of the features include:
- Accessing voice mails the same way you currently access your CSI email. The universal inbox lets you access your email, voice mail, calendar, and contacts anywhere - and all from one place.
- Do you need to forward a voice mail? It can still be done from the phone, but now you can also use your smart devices, i.e.: smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Do you need to check your emails? You can now use your phone and text commands to check your email and calendar appointments. Both can be read to you over the phone.
- First Time Setup for Your Unified Messaging Account
- Resetting Your Voicemail PIN Using Outlook Web App
- Accessing Voicemails Using Microsoft Outlook
- Accessing Voicemails Using the Outlook Web App
Contact the Office of Information Technology Services Helpdesk at extension 3695 for Telephone and Voicemail assistance.