There are 3 open computer labs (Building 1L, Rooms 202 and 212, and Building 3N, Room 217) that are available to students to complete assignments and access the internet and email. They are equipped with the same software as the teaching labs, including programs that support students with disabilities. These rooms are also enhanced with ADA compliant furniture. All labs are manned by College Assistants, who provide assistance to users. A CSI Computer Login Account is required to logon to all campus computers. Similar to these 4 rooms, computers are also available for public access in various locations throughout the campus.
- Realtime Computer Availability in Labs (Shows what computers are available real time in all public and Library labs)
- Software In Computer Labs
- Student Computer Lab Login Procedures
- Public Access Stations
- Computer User Responsibilities
- Student Computer Access at the College of Staten Island
- Student Computers at the Library at the College of Staten Island
There are over 200 Multimedia (Smart) Classrooms installed throughout campus. These rooms have ceiling mounted projectors and wall screens, which allow instructors to display their laptop or other device via a cable bundle. Most Smart Classrooms are equipped with a podium, which house a computer, allowing instructors the flexibility of using the podium PC or a mobile device. A CSI Computer Login Account is required to logon to all podiums. Some classrooms are also equipped with SmartBoards, which are interactive whiteboards.
- An Overall Look at the Smart Classroom at CSI
- Instructions on How to Use the Equipment in Smart Classrooms