Last updated: July 15, 2020. This webpage is being updated regularly, and we encourage you to continue to check back for important updates. Please note that this information is constantly evolving and we do not have all the answers at this time. Contact ISSS with additional questions.
We extend a warm welcome to all international students and scholars who have chosen the College of Staten Island as their home for study.
We provide programs and services to assist you to achieve your professional, academic and personal goals. We give information and advice on U.S. Immigration regulations, employment, taxation, cultural adjustment, and other practical issues. This assistance and support helps you to be successful in the American higher education system and to understand the cultural context in which it exists.
- Requirements for Issuance of I-20 and DS-2019
- International Admissions
- CUNY International Student Guide Tutorial for New International Students
- If you require English classes, you may take them through our English Language Institute.
- Education USA - Supported by the U.S. department of State
EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department's network of over 400 advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Click here to find your center!
Newly Admitted Students
- CUNY International Student Guide
- Admissions Response Form
- Application for the Form I-20 or DS-2019
- Statement of Financial Support Form
- Room & Board Support Information Form
- Federal SEVIS Fee
- Document Processing Fees
- MMR Immunization Record
- F-1 Student Transfer Form
- Change of Non-Immigrant Status
- Letter of Explanation For B to F Change of Status
- NEW Supplies for your room away from home
Theses links are for your reference only. Since new international students must check-in and attend a mandatory orientation program prior to the official move-in date with Dolphin Cove Student Housing, arrangements can be made for an earlier move-in date with Housing for additional cost. Please check with an advisor at The Center for Global Engagement if you wish to request this service. Rooms are always subject to availability.
For Current Students
- CURRICULAR PRACTICAL TRAINING FOR STUDENTS IN F-1 STATUS
- EMPLOYMENT ON-CAMPUS FOR STUDENTS IN F-1 STATUS
- FACULTY RECOMMENDATION FOR CURRICULAR PRACTICAL TRAINING
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING OPTIONAL PRE OR POST COMPLETION PRACTICAL TRAINING FOR STUDENTS IN F-1 STATUS
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR OBTAINING OPTIONAL PRACTICAL TRAINING STEM EXTENSION FOR STUDENTS IN F-1 STATUS
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT & SCHOLAR DEPARTURE FORM
- J-1 Student Employment & Social Security
- OPT Employment Reporting
- Request for an Extension of Program