Students complete their Registration transactions online using CUNYfirst. If a student encounters a problem that woud normally require in-person assistance the Online Registraton Request Form can be completed. The issue will be reviewed by a member of the Registrar staff who, if the student meets all course requirements, will complete the enrollment transaction.
Usual Registrar Service Center Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9:00am - 4:45pm
Thursday 9:00am - 6:45pm
Please note that the Registrar's Service Center will close at 4:45pm when there are no classes in session.
- Please click here for Registration FAQ’s
- Registration appointments for continuing students
- Registration information for readmitted, visiting, non-degree or e-permit students
- Procedures for current CSI students to take courses at other colleges
Continuing students can find their registration date by logging on to their CUNYfirst self-service account. You must meet with your advisor prior to registering and if possible bring with you your CUNYfirst “EMPLID”, which is your 8-digit ID number. Once you have been advised you may log in to CUNYfirst and begin registering. Registration can be done from any computer with internet access and students may register for courses on or after their appointed time. If you have a negative service indicator (STOP OR HOLD) please arrange to clear it before you begin the registration process. You can view these service indicators under “Holds” on the first screen of your CUNYfirst account.
***To view your registration appointment, please Claim Your CUNYfirst account. Once setup, log into CUNYfirst and navigate to your Student Center. On the right hand side of this page, under the heading “Enrollment Dates”, you will see your assigned registration appointment.*** For a step-by-step guide on how to view your enrollment appointment click here.
To view a step by step tutorial on how to enroll in classes in CUNYfirst please visit: CUNYfirst Training for Students
Students with questions may call 718.982.2120, email us at email@example.com or go to the Office of the Registrar, North Administration Building (2A), Room 107.
Previous CSI Students who did not file for readmission and visiting or e-permit students who did not file an online application with the Registrar’s Office need to do this in order to have access to CUNYfirst to register. Students are encouraged to file an application as soon as possible. Students will be notified once their application has been processed. Applicants for readmission to the RN to BS degree program in Nursing must complete both forms, the "Application for Undergraduate Readmission" and the "Supplemental Application": Supplemental Application for Admission into the RN to BS in Nursing
Application for Undergraduate Readmission
- Visiting or Non-Degree Student:
Information for Visiting or Non-degree Students
Application for Visiting and Non-Degree Students
Apply for an ePermit
Students are permitted to register based upon their status. Moreover, during priority registration, appointments are assigned based on credits completed. Dates are subject to change based on the Academic Calendar. Students can view their registration appointment in their CUNYfirst Student Center. For a step-by-step guide on how to view your enrollment appointment click here.
Registration Dates for Non-Degree Seeking Students
Non-Degree or Visiting Students: November 11, 2019
Non-Degree or Visiting Students: April 6, 2020
The offices below are helpful if you encounter additional problems during registration. For information on the following, please click on the link below:
- Bursar - for an update of tuition, fees and billing deadlines
- Financial Aid -
- Center for Advising and Academic Success – for an update of academic advisement hours
- Center for International Services – for an update of study abroad programs
- Testing - for an update of current testing requirements for the College of Staten Island
- Health Center – for vaccination requirements.
- Student Helpdesk – for help with Blackboard or other web related issues
- Facilities Management and Operational Services for the campus map.
- Ferry Shuttle Services for the most up to date shuttle schedules.
- Public Safety